Thursday, August 6, 2015

OF LATE

It's been a while since I've posted any yard pictures, and this wonderfully blooming Bougainvillea is pretty spectacular.   We've planted several different varieties of Bougainvillea since we moved here 3 years ago, and this is the nicest one.   Some of the others have passed on - so we're very happy to have this one.   It's kind of a "hit or miss" with plants here in Arizona - they must be able to stand the heat and drought, and sometimes even though others may be able to grow them fine, we haven't always been so lucky.
I've made a lot of progress on the Palette Shawl and am "determined" to get it finished before I pick up something else to knit.   It may be called "stubborn" instead of "determined".  LOL


I went to a meetup today at a local coffee shop for women over 50 in Maricopa.  What a fun group of ladies who meet every couple of weeks - sometimes at members homes and sometimes at other places!  Part of the group is interested in beading - which is a hobby I quit working on several years ago - I guess knitting started consuming so much of my time.   Anyway, I'm now anxious to get back in the "beading" mode.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Darlene - your shawl is coming along beautifully. Here in NY we're complaining about our 90 degree heatwave. I'm sure you must be very used to temps like that in arizona. I think it's wonderful that you met up with a group of women where you all get to share your ideas and hobbies. I'm very interested in learning about beading - wish you lived nearby!

    ReplyDelete