Friday, July 3, 2015

READY FOR THE 4TH???

I assume your plans are all made and in effect right now for celebration of our great country over the 4th!!!   One thing about being retired and living away from family - nothing too exciting is going on around here.  Today we spent most of the day up in the Phoenix area - shopping and other errands.

I cast on this beautiful Palette shawl by Chandi Agee.  I sorta like my color selections from stash,  but am not too sure about one section being the pale blue.  I may have to come up with something else, but I don't really want to buy more yarn. (ha ha)  Once I got past the first few rows, I'm doing a better job of keeping count of my stitches.





I also have my "adult coloring book" nearby so that I can stop knitting and color for awhile to break the monotony and finished this particular picture I started several weeks ago.



Enjoy your weekend and keep safe!

4 comments:

  1. had to smile...i just got one of those coloring books, too!! thought i'd use it for inspiration for embroidery....but i might have to get the crayons out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your finished coloring project, Darlene - so colorful. It must take a lot of patience. Isn't it nice when you can do a project with wool from your stash. I'm still talking about taking knitting lessons. I'll have to plan on doing that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. Hope you get a chance to take some knitting lessons soon!

      Delete