Tuesday, February 24, 2015

VISITORS

We've had visitors the past few days, from Boise, Idaho.   Hubby's brother and sister-in-law have been here and we've had such a good time catching up and the weather has been great.  Yesterday we drove to Tombstone, Arizona which took about 2-1/2 hours.  I knitted another dishcloth and gave it to my sis-in-law before I took a picture, so I'm making a second one right now.
 Tombstone, Arizona is where the shootout at the OK Corral took place between the Earp Brothers (Wyatt and others) and the Clantons.  It's a fun place to visit and here are a few pictures I "picked" off the web.  (Forgot my phone/camera!!)
 

Old time Tombstone back in the it's heyday in the 1880's!








Another "old-time shot" of Main Street















 Today's Main Street
 Stagecoach ride down Main Street today


















Pictures of a couple of the graves in the Boot Hill
Cemetery.  There were a lot of them that just had a name and "shot", "murdered", or "lynched" on a date in the early 1880's.

No comments:

Post a Comment