Monday, January 19, 2015

WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE!

This is what I got yesterday!!!   This is our 2nd Great-grandson, born in Spokane, Washington.  Of course we think he's pretty sweet.   We're looking forward to seeing him in June. 



 I was knitting this blanket for him, but today I frogged it for a number of reasons:

  1. Never knit a blanket (even a baby one) in fingering weight unless you want it to take a year to finish at the rate I was going.
  2. I added a second color (burgundy) to the grey as I was afraid I was going to run out of yarn, and I added a cream color stripe down the middle of the burgundy to give it some pizazz.  My mistake was both the burgundy and cream were not washable and the grey was.   So I could just see my granddaughter tossing the whole blanket in the washer and dryer and what a mess that would have been.
  3. I'm just plain tired of knitting on it and want to get on to other things.  I knitted a blanket for the 1st great-grandson (his brother), and she can just use that one for this baby (I hope).
Now on to deciding what to knit next.  I think I'll knit this Forza Scarf by Laura Nelkin - Nelkin Designs.  Looks like something I can whip out in a decent amount of time, which is what I need at this time!
Newforza2_small2

No comments:

Post a Comment