Saturday, October 4, 2014

I KNOW BETTER!!!!

I Know Better than to take this Shallows Beaded Scarf to knitting meetup, but I'm getting so close to being finished I can hardly wait.   It's a beautiful, knitted piece, but the lace section is just complicated enough to lose proper count when you're visiting with other knitters! 

Last night I was worried I was going to run out of yarn, so I figured out how I wanted to end it so that it looked okay, when I found the last skein of yarn for this project.   Just by luck, I looked in a sack and there it was.  The supplier ran out of 100gr skeins, so instead of 2 - 100's she sent me 4 - 50's.   In the back of mind I thought I only remembered using up close to 3 skeins, but you know how you doubt your memory (or at least I do).    So I was pretty happy I didn't have to worry about running out of yarn, and then I had to come home this afternoon and rip back everything I knit up at meetup.  The beads didn't line up and the error was quite a few rows back.

So now I've ripped back and am ready to proceed again.

Our monsoon season here in Arizona is over and now we're having the kind of weather we moved here for.  Highs are in the 90 to 100 range and the lows in the mid-60's.  aaaahh.  Can't beat getting up every morning with sunshine and no clouds now for months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment