Saturday, August 30, 2014

WHAT'S GOING ON

Not a lot going on around here.  We've got a few hot days ahead of us now before it goes back to high humidity and a little rain.   We were supposed to get to 112 today (don't know if it did or not), but low humidity makes it not so bad.   Our monsoon season will continue (typically) through to the end of September and I'm so tired of it.

Earlier this week, we took a quick trip down to San Luis, Mexico to see hubby's dentist.  It's about a 3 hr drive from our home and we go through some beautiful desert areas.   We spent a night in Yuma, AZ. 

Knitting wise - I finished the Creamsicle washcloth/dishcloth or hot pad.  I love the bright colors and the design of this one.   It reminds me of my childhood when we had creamsicles (made with orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream).  However, I've knitted 3 of this design and I think that is enough.

The baby sweater is still "in progress".  Just have to sew up the sleeve seam, insert it into the sweater, and sew on one more button.  Don't know why I can't seem to get that little bit done.

Starting September 1st, I'm participating in a NECKWEAR KAL  (Neckwear knit-a-long) which ends on September 30th.  I'll be knitting a "bluet cowl" designed by Bonnie Sennott.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bluet.  I'll be using this yummy yarn:  Louet Gems a sportweight yarn in grape color:


Knit on, everyone.  Hope I show some "finishing up" projects next time, as well as the cowl I'll be working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment